This is a beautiful and unusual classic guitar by Luthier Paul McGill from right here in Nashville, TN. The back and sides for this guitar are from Central American Rosewood, and the top is made of old-growth German with two cedar wings on either side. This is number 3/3 of the Tommy Jones models featuring the unusual combination of top woods.
This guitar has a beautiful deep tone, and yields a very traditional tone despite the non-traditional tonewoods. It has lovely clarity across all the strings. There’s one small mark in the wood on the upper treble side, which has absolutely no effect on the sound of the instrument.
- According to Paul, the back and sides for this guitar are from Central American (possibly Nicaraguan) Rosewood
- The top is made of old-growth German Spruce (center) and Cedar (wings)
- traditional rosette
- Ebony nut
- slotted peghead with Rosewood overlay
- traditional bridge with individual RMC pickups
- This is number three of the Tommy Jones models (only three were made) featuring the unusual combination of top woods.