This incoming McNally J22 model features a Walnut back and sides paired with a Sitka Spruce top, constructed with Baked European Red Spruce bracing in Northern Irish luthier Ciaran McNally's jumbo body shape.
This 14-fret model has a Mahogany neck with volute and an Ebony fretboard with matching Ebony bridge.
The guitar is finished with gloss on its body while the back of the neck features a satin finish to enhance the fretting-hand's playing experience.
The McNally J22 model comes with a Hiscox Pro II case and certificate of authenticity.
Here is what Ciaran McNally says about this build:
“This is a large guitar. When I say Jumbo, I mean Jumbo! With a guitar this size expect a wide reaching sound that envelopes the room. There’ll be more complexity and overtone richness than that of smaller guitars. The attack won’t be as immediate but it will develop richly with naturally reverb in abundance.
Walnut is beautiful wood that provides great clarity, but it also light in weight, so despite it’s size, this is quite a light guitar. Crisp figured maple bindings set against a simple purfling scheme, featuring red bloodwood, really set this one off.”
- Jumbo body model
- Sitka Spruce soundboard
- Walnut Back and Sides
- Baked European red spruce bracing
- Figured maple Binding
- Fine wood purfling rosette
- Ebony Fretboard & bridge
- Mahogany neck with volute
- Ebony headstock front and back overlay
- Gold Gotoh tuners with Ebony buttons
- Celtic Knot & script logo in gold foil
- Ebony bridge Pins
- Bone nut and saddle
- 1 ¾” (45mm) nut width
- 25.4′′ scale length – 14 fret join
- Gloss finish with Satin rear of neck.
- Bolt on neck joint with two way truss rod
- Hiscox Pro II case with certificate