This beautiful OM in Hawaiian Koa and Master Grade Sitka is one of our first two instruments from sensational Northern Irish Luthier Ciaran McNally, and is a wonderful showcase of talented luthierie and a keen, distinctive eye for detail.
This OM has a sense of balance to it that goes far beyond the tone of the guitar, with a delicate harmony to the visuals and a charming contingency to the Walnut Accents throughout that brings the whole instrument together in a distinctive and defined manner.
Sonically the guitar presents a deeply versatile tone, with a well rounded bass response and the sweet, even trebles Koa is renowned for. The dynamic range of the guitar makes for an immersive playing experience, with a sensitive and lively response at either end and plenty of headroom should you dig in.
The playability of the instrument is superb, with the traditional OM Scale providing a snappy and strong fundamental to each note with a clear and defined voice all the way up to the dusty end of the fretboard.
“The Koa on this guitar is really beautiful, but this Sitka top is the real show stopper for me. Ultra silky from edge to edge. This particular guitar represents the sound I would choose to buy personally. Sweet trebles with a clear defined bass. Dynamic under a light touch, but can still take a strumming thanks to that Sitka!”
• Mastergrade Sitka Spruce
• Hawaiian Koa Back and Sides
• Baked European red spruce bracing
• Walnut binding, bevel and back centre strip
• Walnut Rosette
• Ebony Fretboard & bridge
• Mahogany neck with volute
• Ebony headstock back and front overlay
• Mitred Walnut trim
• Nickel Gotoh tuners with Ebony buttons
• Celtic Knot logo in Mother of pearl
• Ebony bridge Pins
• Bone nut and saddle
• 1 3/4′′ (45mm) nut width
• 25.4′′ scale length
• Gloss finish with Satin rear of neck.
• Bolt on neck joint with two way truss rod
• Hiscox Pro II case with certificate
• Limited lifetime warranty to the first owner.