McNally Shane Hennessy Signature OM Acoustic Guitar, Walnut & Sitka Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 11 months
"Bring your A-game to it and it will voice every detail with sonorous, expressive clarity." - Guitarist Magazine
Made for Irish guitar virtuoso Shane Hennessy, the McNally Shane Hennessy Signature OM sports a unique set of features that cater to the guitarist's percussive playing style. Guitarist Magazine recently awarded this guitar a 9/10, saying that it "responds to player input on so many levels" and is the "best intonated acoustic guitar we've played in a long time, possibly ever". That is an incredible nod to Ciaran McNally's skills as a luthier!
The combination of a Sitka spruce top with walnut back and sides creates an instrument that is extremely snappy and responsive, with a quick and dynamic attack. This is further enhanced by the extra bracing McNally adds to the soundboard to support Hennessy’s percussive playing. A key component in the development of Shane’s signature guitar is its Udo Roesner “Bracket” System pickup, which is a powerful under-saddle transducer with an internal side mounted floating microphone.
These features, paired with its lacquered interior (for added travel stability), nitrocellulose finish, lightweight construction, and strengthened back and sides, make this guitar perfect not just for Shane, but for any fingerstyle-focused guitarist that likes to branch out into extended techniques.
- Top: Sitka spruce with lacquered interior
- Back and sides: Walnut
- Neck profile: Thin D
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Nut width: 1.73"
- String spacing: 2.16"
- Body binding: Santos rosewood
- Fretboard: Santos rosewood
- Bridge: Santos rosewood
- Fret wire: EVO Gold
- Electronics: Udo Roesner “Bracket” System, Feedback Cover w/ Harp Logo
- Serial number: 59
- Year: 2020
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Featuring an Udo Roesner “Bracket” System pickup, which is a powerful under-saddle transducer with an internal side mounted floating microphone
- Extra bracing on this McNally adds to the soundboard to support Hennessy’s percussive playing
- A Sitka spruce top with walnut back and sides creates an instrument that is extremely snappy and responsive, with a quick and dynamic attack
Ciaran McNally has achieved a lot in his young years, having studied at Belfast's Lagan Lutherie School and London Metropolitan University's College of Furniture, Ciaran then worked as Senior Craftsman with George Lowden and Production Manager at Atkin Guitars before returning home to Armagh, Northern Ireland to set up his own workshop.