McPherson CMG 4.5, Granadillo & Port Orford Cedar
Sporting a Florentine cutaway, the CMG is a beautiful new addition to our McPherson lineup, with a narrower 15" lower bout than the standard MGs. If you like your rosewood with an extra dose of chime and treble clarity, granadillo might be your answer. This Central American tonewood, while not officially a rosewood, has many similar tonal properties. Before guitar makers discovered it, it had been used for marimba bars for its clear, sweet tone. It can be hard to come by, but we can always trust McPherson to do a fine tonewood justice, and the pairing here is very compelling. Cedar is often thought of as a soft, dark wood best suited to fingerstyle, but as many luthiers will tell you, there is plenty out there that rivals spruce in stiffness and lightness. This set of Port Orford cedar is likely to trick both your eyes and ears with its coloring and unusual tone that combines the best aspects of both soundboards.
Like our other new McPhersons, this CMG 4.5 comes with some major player upgrades to complete the package: EVO gold fretwire, pre-installed L.R. Baggs pickup, and custom Ameritage hard case.
- Model: CMG 4.5
- Top: Port Orford cedar
- Back and sides: Granadillo
- Neck: Cantilevered African mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Ebony
- Binding: Ebony
- Headcap inlay: MOP
- Tuners: Gold Gotoh 510
- Frets: Gold EVO
- Brace kit: Rosewood/spruce/rosewood
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing at bridge: 2-3/16"
- Depth: 4-1/2"
- Lower bout: 15"
- Truss rod: Unidirectional high-mod carbon nonadjustable
- Serial number: 2672
- Pickup: L.R. Baggs EAS w/ volume control
- Special features: Enlarged soundhole
- Case: Ameritage custom hard case
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- The CMG is a more mid-sized 15" wide and 4.5" deep body with a classic Florentine cutaway
- Not to be confused with spruce, this light and stiff set of Port Orford cedar combines the best aspects of both soundboard woods, with rosewood-like granadillo back and sides
- Player friendly features like EVO gold frets and an L.R. Baggs EAS pickup make this performance ready
This product listing was written by Kim. If you’d like to talk to Kim about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours