McPherson MG 4.5 Acoustic Guitar, Indian Rosewood & Redwood
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 11 months
McPherson, with their tagline of "engineered to not sound engineered", have completely reinvented aspects of the acoustic guitar to both maximize the potential of their hand-selected tonewoods, as well as develop their own unique sound. The offset soundhole might be the first thing to catch your eye, but the delectable combination of Indian rosewood and redwood, so beautifully offset by koa binding, will likely be what makes you pick it up and play.
The MG shape is McPherson's take on the dreadnought, with a body depth of 4.5" inches. But with a curvier shape and cutaway, it's very comfortable and easy-playing. Redwood is beloved by fingerstylists for its warmth and roundness of tone, but this is a guitar that's plenty capable of handling strumming and a flatpick. This MG 4.5 comes with some major player upgrades to complete the package: EVO gold fretwire, pre-installed L.R. Baggs pickup, and custom Ameritage hard case.
- Model: MG 4.5
- Top: Redwood
- Back and sides: Indian rosewood
- Brace kit: Rosewood/spruce/rosewood
- Binding: Koa
- Neck: Cantilevered African mahogany
- Fretboard, headcap, backstrap and bridge: Ebony
- Frets: Gold EVO
- Truss rod: Unidirectional high-mod carbon, non-adjustable
- Electronics: L.R. Baggs EAS w/ volume control
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Nut width: 1-3/4”
- Body depth: 4-1/2"
- String spacing at bridge: 2-3/16"
- Upper bout: 11-1/8"
- Lower bout: 16"
- Waist: 10-1/8"
- Soundhole cover: Included
- Case: Ameritage custom hard case
- Serial number: 2635
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Sonic enhancements
- McPherson have applied their unique, patented build techniques to maximize every bit of sonic potential these tonewoods can have
- This McPherson comes with a pre-installed L.R. Baggs pickup and custom Ameritage hard case.
- An enlarged soundhole, cantilevered neck, and their unusual over and underpass bracing system maximize the vibration of the soundboard