McPherson MG 4.5, Koa & Engelmann Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
The most cedar-like of all the spruces, Engelmann is often used for fingerstyle guitars where responsiveness to a softer attack and a short period of opening up is desired. But in pairing it with bright, beautifully figured koa on their jumbo-inspired MG, McPherson have proven that this tonewood is capable of plenty more. McPherson have applied their unique, patented build techniques to absolutely maximize every bit of sonic potential these tonewoods can have. Their proprietary offset soundhole, cantilevered neck, and unusual over and underpass bracing system all combine to maximize the vibration of the soundboard. Thanks to some graceful curves, this large-bodied, 4-1/2" deep guitar sits very comfortably in the lap.
Like all our new McPhersons, this MG 4.5 comes with some major player upgrades to complete the package: EVO gold fretwire, a pre-installed L.R. Baggs pickup, and custom Ameritage hard case.
- Model: MG 4.5 XP
- Top: Engelmann spruce
- Back and sides: Koa
- Brace kit: Spruce/rosewood/spruce
- Binding: Ebony
- Neck: Cantilevered African mahogany
- Fretboard, headcap, backstrap and bridge: Ebony
- Frets: Gold EVO
- Truss rod: Unidirectional high-mod carbon, non-adjustable
- Electronics: L.R. Baggs EAS w/ volume control
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Nut width: 1-3/4”
- Body depth: 4-1/2"
- String spacing at bridge: 2-3/16"
- Upper bout: 11-1/8"
- Lower bout: 16"
- Waist: 10-1/8"
- Soundhole cover: Included
- Case: Ameritage custom hard case
- Serial number: 2639
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- A cantilevered neck, offset soundhole and proprietary under- and overpass bracing system maximize the vibration of the top wood
- McPherson have equipped this MG 4.5 with an L.R. Baggs EAS pickup
- Engelmann spruce and koa pair together for a tone that's distinctive, bright, and clear
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Lindsay about this guitar
More than three decades ago, McPherson revolutionized the acoustic guitar world by introducing a unique Offset Soundhole Technology. This breakthrough design increased the total flexible surface area on the central part of the instrument.