McPherson MG 4.5 XP, Flamed Bubinga & Red Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 11 months
It's hard to know where to start with this McPherson MG 4.5 XP. Like all of their precisely engineered instruments, it sports an offset--and in this case, enlarged--soundhole, a cantilevered neck, and their bespoke over and underpass bracing system in both rosewood and spruce. All of these engineering decisions were made to maximize the potential vibration of the soundboard.
For this dreadnought-style MG 4.5 XP, McPherson have purposed an exquisite set of flamed bubinga for the back and sides. Nicknamed the "African rosewood", bubinga is growing in popularity for its similar overtone-rich and nuanced voice. With its curly figuring and light sapline like an arrow down the center, it's as visually striking as it is aurally. Straight, wide-grained red (Adirondack) spruce brings some pleasing punch and clarity. Like our other new McPhersons, this MG 4.5 XP comes with some major player upgrades to complete the package: EVO gold fretwire, pre-installed L.R. Baggs pickup, and custom Ameritage hard case.
- Model: MG 4.5 XP
- Top: Red spruce
- Back and sides: Bubinga
- Neck: Cantilevered African mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Ebony
- Binding: Ebony
- Headcap/backstrap: Ebony
- Headcap inlay: Maple
- Tuners: Gold Gotoh 510
- Frets: Gold EVO
- Brace kit: Rosewood/spruce/rosewood
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing at bridge: 2-3/16"
- Depth: 4-1/2"
- Lower bout: 16"
- Truss rod: Unidirectional high-mod carbon nonadjustable
- Pickup: LR Baggs EAS w/ volume control
- Special features: Enlarged soundhole
- Case: Ameritage custom hard case
- Serial number: 2601
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- McPherson's MG is a dreadnought-size guitar with a curvier design and generous cutaway
- Flamed bubinga, with its rosewood-like tonal characteristics, and Adirondack red spruce, make for an enticing large-bodied guitar
- Like many of McPherson's guitars, an L.R. Baggs pickup, EVO gold fretwire, and custom Ameritage hard case come with this already stunning guitar
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Lindsay about this guitar
More than three decades ago, McPherson revolutionized the acoustic guitar world by introducing a unique Offset Soundhole Technology. This breakthrough design increased the total flexible surface area on the central part of the instrument.