McPherson MG 4.5, California Redwood & Indian Rosewood
McPherson, with their tagline of "engineered to not sound engineered", have completely reinvented aspects of the acoustic guitar to both maximize the potential of their hand-selected tonewoods, as well as develop their own unique sound. The offset soundhole might be the first thing to catch your eye, but the delectable combination of Indian rosewood and California redwood, so beautifully offset by koa binding, will likely be what makes you pick it up and play.
The MG shape is McPherson's take on the dreadnought, with a body depth of 4.5" inches. But with a curvier shape and cutaway, it's very comfortable and easy-playing. Redwood is beloved by fingerstylists for its warmth and roundness of tone, but this is a guitar that's plenty capable of handling strumming and a flatpick. This MG 4.5 comes with some major player upgrades to complete the package: EVO gold fretwire, pre-installed L.R. Baggs pickup, and custom Ameritage hard case.
- Model: MG 4.5
- Top: California redwood
- Back and sides: Indian rosewood
- Neck: Cantilevered African mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Ebony
- Binding: Koa
- Headcap/backstrap: Ebony
- Headcap inlay: Maple
- Tuners: Gold Gotoh 510
- Frets: Gold EVO
- Brace kit: Rosewood/spruce/rosewood
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing at bridge: 2-3/16"
- Depth: 4-1/2"
- Lower bout: 16"
- Truss rod: Unidirectional high-mod carbon nonadjustable
- Pickup: LR Baggs EAS w/ volume control
- Case: Ameritage custom hard case
- Serial number: 2631
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Sonic enhancements
- McPherson have applied their unique, patented build techniques to maximize every bit of sonic potential these tonewoods can have
- This McPherson comes with a pre-installed L.R. Baggs pickup and a custom Ameritage hard case
- An enlarged soundhole, cantilevered neck, and their unusual over and underpass bracing system maximize the vibration of the soundboard
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours