McPherson MG 4.5 XP, Wenge, Koa, & Red Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
We're huge fans of McPherson's precisely crafted guitars, with their gorgeous tonewoods, unusual design features, and player-friendly upgrades, and this unusual MG 4.5 XP is no exception. The MG is their take on a large-bodied dreadnought design, but with graceful curves and an unusual cutaway, it's a versatile shape that can tackle any style. The XP refers to the enlarged soundhole, giving this guitar even more of a dynamic boost. But where this model particularly stands out is the striking three-piece back. The concept isn't totally foreign, as we've all likely played or seen the Martin D-35. But a three-piece with a combo like wenge and koa? That's not something you're likely to find just anywhere. Wenge is a gorgeous tonewood that often has a glassy clarity, and McPherson have harnessed its best qualities. The touch of koa adds a woody brightness, and the end result is a wonderfully articulate guitar with a unique character and look.
- Model: MG 4.5 XP
- Top: Red spruce
- Back: Wenge and koa
- Sides: Wenge
- Binding: Koa
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck: Cantilevered African mahogany
- Truss rod: Unidirectional high-mod carbon, non-adjustable
- Frets: Gold EVO
- Bridge: Ebony
- Brace kit: Spruce/rosewood/spruce
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-3/16"
- Fretboard radius: 14"
- Lower bout: 16"
- Depth: 4-1/2"
- Serial number: 2657
- Pickup: L.R. Baggs EAS w/ volume control
- Case: Ameritage custom hardshell
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- McPherson's MG 4.5 is a dreadnought-inspired large bodied guitar with versatility
- This guitar sports an unusual bracing system, offset soundhole and player-friendly upgrades like EVO gold fretwire and an L.R. Baggs pickup
- An unusual combination, a wenge and koa back give this guitar a unique tone and look
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Lindsay about this guitar
More than three decades ago, McPherson revolutionized the acoustic guitar world by introducing a unique Offset Soundhole Technology. This breakthrough design increased the total flexible surface area on the central part of the instrument.