McPherson MG 4.5 XP, Wenge, Koa, & Red Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
We're huge fans of McPherson's precisely crafted guitars, with their gorgeous tonewoods, unusual design features, and player-friendly upgrades, and this unusual MG 4.5 XP is no exception. The MG is their take on a large-bodied dreadnought design, but with graceful curves and an unusual cutaway, it's a versatile shape that can tackle any style. The XP refers to the enlarged soundhole, giving this guitar even more of a dynamic boost. But where this model particularly stands out is the striking three-piece back. The concept isn't totally foreign, as we've all likely played or seen the Martin D-35. But a three-piece with a combo like wenge and koa? That's not something you're likely to find just anywhere. Wenge is a gorgeous tonewood that often has a glassy clarity, and McPherson have harnessed its best qualities. The touch of koa adds a woody brightness, and the end result is a wonderfully articulate guitar with a unique character and look.
- Model: MG 4.5 XP
- Top: Red spruce
- Back: Wenge and koa
- Sides: Wenge
- Binding: Koa
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck: Cantilevered African mahogany
- Truss rod: Unidirectional high-mod carbon, non-adjustable
- Frets: Gold EVO
- Bridge: Ebony
- Brace kit: Spruce/rosewood/spruce
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-3/16"
- Fretboard radius: 14"
- Lower bout: 16"
- Depth: 4-1/2"
- Serial number: 2657
- Pickup: L.R. Baggs EAS w/ volume control
- Case: Ameritage custom hardshell
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- McPherson's MG 4.5 is a dreadnought-inspired large bodied guitar with versatility
- This guitar sports an unusual bracing system, offset soundhole and player-friendly upgrades like EVO gold fretwire and an L.R. Baggs pickup
- An unusual combination, a wenge and koa back give this guitar a unique tone and look
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours