Pellerin Grand Auditorium, Mexican Cocobolo & Salvaged Bearclaw Sitka Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Michel Pellerin perfectly blends the classic and the modern, the expected and the unexpected, in his beautifully crafted guitars. The Québec-based luthier has a background in classical and jazz, and approaches guitar-making with the goal of crafting balanced, well-rounded instruments. This 16" wide, 4.5" deep Grand Auditorium model combines some of the most eye-catching bearclawed Sitka spruce, sourced from a salvaged private stock source, paired with a beautifully saplined set of Mexican cocobolo. The wider and deeper body is rendered ergonomic and comfortable by the Manzer wedge. The result is a strong yet not boomy bass with a bit of bite, ample mids, and responsive, sweet highs—the overall balance is excellent. This is the perfect example of a cocobolo guitar, delivering perfect articulation and clarity even to a light touch, and giving the player plenty to dig into with any playing style.
The current set-up is perfect for fingerstyle; please let us know if you play with a heavier pick attack so we can adjust the action before shipping.
- Top: Salvaged bearclaw Sitka spruce (private stock)
- Back and sides: Mexican cocobolo (double-sides) with sap
- Neck: Integral Honduran mahogany (Spanish assembly)
- Profile: C
- Fingerboard: Gabon ebony (bound)
- Accents: Maple purfling and a cocobolo 12-fret marker
- Frets: Medium gold EVO
- Bridge and pins: Gabon ebony with Mother-of-pearl dots (pins)
- Rosette: Cocobolo, Mother-of-pearl and flame maple
- Truss rod: Two-way with carbon fiber rod reinforcements
- Headplates: Gabon ebony (front), cocobolo (rear)
- Bindings: Ebony with tiny maple purfling, with wide flame maple purfling on top
- Nut and saddle: Bone
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 cosmo black, ratio 18:1, with cocobolo buttons
- Finish: Very thin high gloss polyurethane
- Scale length: 25"
- Lower bout: 16"
- Depth: 4.5"
- Pickup: None
- Case: Hiscox Artist included (with Pellerin logo engraved)
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Having been building guitars for over 20 years, Michel Pellerin is a master of what he does. Pellerin Guitars encapsulate rich textural tones, subtle nuances, not to mention the stunning, mind-blowing aesthetics.