Peterson M-100, Fiddleback Walnut & Piano Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Handcrafting his guitars in Texas Hill Country, Neil Peterson is a cabinet-maker turned luthier with a unique approach and style that leads him to frequently use repurposed local woods. This M-100 features a top of spruce reclaimed from a 1924 piano, so while it may be new to being a guitar, this top wood has a long history of making music in other ways. He's matched it with a beautiful set of fiddleback walnut, and the result is incredibly balanced, with warmth and crystal clear highs. With a shorter 24.9" scale, left hand bends and snappy right hand picking are a breeze, but the relatively large body size supports flatpicking as well. Tying it all together is a binding of fiddleback maple to add even more rippling wood texture, and simple white fret markers with a star on the fifth fret (appropriate for this Texas-made guitar).
- Top: Reclaimed Sitka spruce from a 1924 Gulbranson upright piano
- Back and sides: Fiddleback walnut from fiddleback woodshed
- Neck: Spanish cedar with C profile
- Truss rod: Two-way adjustable with carbon fiber inserts
- Fretboard: Macassar ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Bridge: Walnut with Piano Ash bridge plate
- Binding: Fiddleback maple
- Rosette: Walnut
- Headstock overlay: Walnut
- End Graft: Walnut
- Pickguard: Clear
- Tuners: Gold Grover 18:1 Open Back
- Scale length: 24.9"
- Nut and saddle: Tusq
- Nut width: 1-23/32"
- String spacing at the bridge: 2-3/32"
- Upper bout: 11-1/16"
- Lower bout: 15-1/16"
- Depth: 4-1/2"
- Body width at waist: 9-7/16"
- Body length: 19-9/16"
- Serial number: SS108-03-21
- Pickup: Fishman Matrix Infinity
- Year: 2021
- Case: Harptone Vintage Series Case
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Large-bodied but curvy, and with a middle ground nut width of 1-23/32", this is a versatile guitar that can tackle a lot of musical ground
- Reclaimed Sitka spruce and fiddleback walnut sound as good as they are eco-friendly, providing a warm, well-balanced tone
- Tasteful additions like fiddleback maple for the binding, walnut peghead overlay and rosette, and a Texas lone star fret marker add woody touches
This product listing was written by Kim. If you’d like to talk to Kim about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours