Preston Thompson Guitars are perhaps best known for their dreadnoughts used by some of the best bluegrass players in the world.
This 000 12-fret custom is evidence that they can build a fantastic small body guitar as well. This example, built with Adirondack Spruce and Mahogany, is punchy, responsive and rich.
The Adirondack top responds beautifully to even the lightest pluck, and can also withstand light strumming. This body style is associated with early American folk and blues, but it is equally suited to more modern instrumental fingerstyle playing.
This guitar is in excellent condition and comes in its original Harptone hardshell case and a K&K Pure Mini Pickup (Installed by Preston Thompson Guitars).
- Year of Build: 2017
- Top: Adirondack Spruce with aging vintage toner
- Bracing: Advanced X Adirondack top bracing, Pre-war Scalloped
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Rosette: 3 ring abalone
- Binding: Tortoise color
- Neck: Mahogany with soft V-shape and diamond volute
- Fretboard: Ebony with old-style 18 dots
- Head Veneer: Figured Ebony, slotted peghead, with Thompson logo in abalone
- Fretboard Binding: Ebony
- Tuners: Nickel Waverlys with tortoise color buttons
- Bridge: Ebony belly bridge
- Pins: Bone with black dot
- Saddle: Bone, compensated
- Nut: Bone
- Pickguard: Tortoise color
- Saddle Spacing: 2-5/16"
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- Scale Length: 25.4"