The Probett Rocket III is a recent arrival to The Exchange, and our first guitar from British electric luthier Damian Probett.
Heavily influenced by Epiphone's Wilshire and Crestwood models, the Rocket III features a premium grade one-piece Mahogany body in a familiar S-style double-cutaway design, with a one-piece quarter sawn Mahogany neck and a first-grade Indian Rosewood fretboard decorated with single-ply Royalite binding.
The guitar features Probett's signature step headstock design, with a black veneer over a Mahogany headstock, and has Gotoh vintage-style tuners.
In the electronics department, the guitar features P90 pickups in the neck and middle positions, and a humbucker in the bridge position, all controlled by Telecaster-style controls of Master Volume, Master Tone and a pickup selector switch.
When designing the Rocket model, Damian Probett said, "My aim was to make something new from some things old. Not just to do what has been done before but to take elements of some of my favourite designs and combine them into something interesting, exciting and new."
"I've combined elements from various 1950s solid body guitars with the aim of retaining a cohesive and functional design. It had to look right and it has to sound right."
This guitar comes to us in excellent condition with its original hard shell case.
- Set neck, full width, max length tenon construction
- Body: Premium grade 1 piece 1.75″ Mahogany
- Body Contours: “T” style lower edge radius, “S” style upper radius with deep belly and forearm contours
- Neck: One piece quartersawn Mahogany
- Fretboard: Amazon Rosewood
- Binding: Single ply “Royalite”
- Inlays: Clay dot inlays
- Fretboard Radius: 12″
- Nut Width: 1.693″ (43mm)
- Trussrod: Vintage style 3/16 single acting rod
- Nut: Bone
- Frets: Jescar Stainless Steel
- Headstock angle: 10 degrees
- Pickups: Bridge - Humbucker, Middle - P90, Neck - P90
- Switching: 5-way
- Controls: T style plate with single volume and tone
- Chrome hardware
- Bridge: "Mannmade" Classic tremolo
- Pickguard: 3-ply brown tortoise-shell
- Tuners: Gotoh “Kluson” type
- Finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Case: Hiscox “Liteflite” hardcase