Current Location: TNAG London
Delivery Time to TNAG Nashville: Two Days
This is it. The absolute top of the line in the PRS Private Stock workshop, the Collection Series utilises the rarest and most sought after woods and materials in Paul's Private Collection, and this Collection Brent Mason Studio is absolutely in line with those ideals.
Given the nature of this instrument, it seems only fitting to start with the incredibly rare Pernambuco Neck. With its generous 'Pattern' profile there's enough heft in this neck to really put across the magic of this unbelievable tone wood, and the choice of an African Blackwood fretboard to sit atop it really sets it off.
Aside from the supreme playability and comfort, the fretboard is a marvel to behold, with gorgeous Paua Heart "Hollow" Celtic-cross inlays with Mammoth Ivory and Paua Heart Purfling running the length of the board.
The Curly Maple top on this guitar is, as you would expect, incredibly figured, and the Faded McCarty Sunburst finish is subtle enough to really let it show. Coupled with a Mahogany back this classic combination yields classic results and the guitar has a beautifully warm and rich tone, even unplugged.
When you do come to plug the guitar in however, its sonic palate positively opens up. With exceptionally versatile coil splitting and tone options inherent to the 'Signature' electronics system and dialled into to the proprietary set of 508 Humbuckers, this instrument realises its title as the perfect studio electric.
The guitar has a very punchy tone with heaps of healthy midrange and sustain that will cut through any mix, and although the looks are to die for, this instrument really is a dream to play and listen to.
This rare and increasingly collectable guitar comes to us in immaculate condition, hand signed by Brent Mason and Paul Reed Smith, with a gorgeous custom 'Collection' Paisley Hardcase that really is as cool as they come, and all of the relevant CITES paperwork within.
- Model: Collection Brent Mason Studio
- Neck Wood: Pernambuco
- Fingerboard Wood: African Blackwood
- Top Wood: Curly Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Headstock Veneer Wood: African Blackwood
- Neck Carve: Pattern
- Side Dots: Mammoth Ivory
- Colour/Stain: Faded McCarty Sunburst
- Fingerboard Inlays: Collection "Hollow" Celtic-cross Consisting of Paua Heart and Mammoth Ivory with Paua Heart Purfling
- Headstock Veneer Inlays: Paua Paul Reed Smith Signature Inlay and Mammoth Ivory "Brent Mason Collection" Inlay with Paua Heart Purfling
- Finish Type: High Gloss Nitro
- Pickups: Treble: Brent Mason 408 Treble Bass: 408 Bass
- Electronics: Signature
- Hardware: Gold/Nickel PRS Tremolo and Gold Phase III Locking Tuning Pegs with Anodized Gold Buttons
- Case Type: Collection Electric
- Specials: Faded McCarty Sunburst High Gloss Nitro Finish, Paua and Mammoth Ivory Collection "Hollow" Celtic-cross Inlays, Paua Paul Reed Smith Signature Inlay and Mammoth Ivory "Brent Mason Collection" Inlay, Paua Heart Purfling Along the Fingerboard, Headstock Veneer and Truss Rod Cover, Mammoth Ivory Side Dots as well as Santana Fretwire. The Very Rare Collection Grade Woods and Specifications on This Instrument were Personally Hand Selected by Paul Reed Smith.
- Condition: Mint
- All CITES paperwork Included