This absolutely staggering PRS Private Stock Alex Lifeson Thinline Signature electro-acoustic guitar in Brazilian Rosewood and European Bearclaw Spruce is a truly incredible representation of the very best that Paul Reed Smith and his team have to offer in regards to woods, workmanship and sheer love of the craft.
It's hard to start talking about this instrument without first mentioning the magnificent detailing across the entire guitar; from the iconic Paua 'Birds in Flight' soaring across the fretboard to the gorgeous Curly Maple and Paua/Black Purfling and beautifully embellished Gotoh Tuning Pegs, this guitar really does stop at nothing to be the most eye catching guitar in the room.
Once you start playing the guitar however, this seems to all but melt away as the sound is equally as captivating as the instrument's aesthetic splendour.
The combination of the Brazilian Rosewood back and sides and European Bearclaw Spruce top makes for an unbelievably clear and articulate tone, with a glassy top-end and warm, full lows, it really is a full frequency treat.
The marginally thinner body size on this particular model gives you an exceptionally comfortable experience playing the guitar, and in tandem with the lovely Wide neck carve and Venetian Cutaway the whole guitar sits and speaks easily with minimum effort to coax out huge, luscious sounds.
This guitar comes to us in unbelievably clean condition and with all relevant CITES paperwork in its Ameritage Acoustic Hardcase.
- Model: Alex Lifeson Thinline Signature
- Top Wood: European Bearclaw Spruce with Curly Maple Binding and Paua/Black Purfling
- Back and Sides Woods: Brazilian Rosewood with Curly Maple and Black/Maple/Black Purflin
- Neck Wood: Peruvian Mahogany
- Fingerboard Wood: Ebony
- Headstock Veneer Wood: Ebony
- Neck Carve: Wide
- Side Dots: Ivoroid
- Colour/Stain: Natural
- Fingerboard Inlays: Paua "Birds in Flight" with Mother of Pearl Outlines and Paua Purfling
- Headstock Venner Inlays: Paua Private Stock Eagle with Mother of Pearl Outline and Paua Purfling
- Rosette: Spalted Maple/Paua
- Finish Type: High Gloss Nitro
- Electronics: Fishman Matrix
- Hardware: Ebony Bridge and Pins with Paua Dot Inlays and Gold Gotoh Locking Tuning Pegs with Ivoroid Buttons
- Case Type: Ameritage Acoustic
- Specials: Natural High Gloss Nitro Finish, Paua Bird Inlays with Mother of Pearl Outlines, Paua Purfling Along the Top, Fingerboard and Headstock Veneer, Black/Maple/Black Purfling Along the Back and Sides, Curly Maple Binding Along the Body as well as an Adjustable Trussrod.
- Full CITES Paperwork Included.
- Condition: Mint