They are BACK!!! The world renown Ruokangas UNICORN Classic! This UNICORN #194 Goldtop Electric Guitar is absolutely out of this world! Without a doubt, one of the finest custom built electric guitar on the market.
A must guitar for classic rock players!
From the Luthier: After fifteen years as a professional luthier, I went back to my first love of electric guitars, challenged myself to create the single-cut electric I had always wanted to create. A guitar that would be a true soulmate to those iconic guitars from the 1950’s – without being a blindly replicated copy of it. I didn’t want to copy anything. I wanted to instead find that magical spirit, and go with my intuition from there on. The Unicorn was finally born in 2009.
Stuart Ryan says...
"I love singlecuts and these are up with the best of them - flawless fit, finish and intonation combined with superb playability make for a great guitar. Lovely wide tonal range and the huge sweep on the volume and tone pots make for super versatile, expressive instruments. If you are looking for a single cut with all the rough edges carved out then these are for you!"
- Model:UNICORN CLASSIC
- Serial #: 1808194-U
- Colour: Gold Top
- Body Finish:High Gloss PU
- Neck Finish:High Gloss PU
- Body Construction: Solid
- Neck Construction: Long Tenon Set-neck
- Topwood: Plain Arctic Birch (Betula Pendula Carelica)
- Bodywood: Spanish Cedar (Cedrela Odorata)
- Neckwood: Spanish Cedar (Cedrela odorata)
- Fretboard: Ebony (Diospyros Ebenum)
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fretboard Radius: 12"
- Neck Profile: 43 mm Boat '59
- Frets: 22 / Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Fret Markers: MOP / Unicorn style
- Binding: Cream (body/neck)
- Headstock: Ebony w/ MOP logo
- Nut: Moose Shin Bone
- Hardware: Nickel plated
- Tuners: Gotoh SD510 Non-locking
- Bridge: ABM tune-o-matic
- Strap Buttons: Gotoh Straplocks
- Knob Type: Hat style / Amber
- Pickguard: 1-ply Cream
- Pickup Config: H-H
- Pickups: Unicorn Custom
- Pickup Covers: Nickel plated
- Pickup Rings: Cream
- Wiring: V-V-T-T / 3-way switch
- Tuning Method: Ruokangas standard
- Tuning: Standard (E)
- Strings: 010-046 Elixir