Santa Cruz 1934 D, Brazilian Rosewood & Adirondack Spruce - Pre-Owned
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
The now-legendary herringbone dreadnought was first released in 1934, and stands as one of the most highly sought after acoustic guitars of all time, especially among bluegrass flatpickers. This is for good reason, as the combination of forward-shifted scalloped X bracing and Brazilian rosewood made for a powerful bass response and huge volume.
This Santa Cruz dreadnought, inspired by the venerable 1934 original, features Brazilian rosewood back and sides and an Adirondack spruce top with the classic herringbone purfling we all know and love. When flatpicked, this guitar rumbles and roars. The Adirondack top offers projection and brightness, while the Brazilian rosewood lends sweet overtones and complex tonality. As to be expected with these specs, this guitar is a bluegrass monster, packing in many of the features of a pre-war offering, with the stability of a brand new instrument.
- Top: Adirondack spruce
- Back and sides: Brazilian rosewood
- Bracing: Adirondack spruce with hot hide glue
- Finish: Vintage varnish tint
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Scale length: 25-1/4"
- Nut width: 1-11/16”
- Case: Ameritage hard case
- Serial number: 7588
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- A classic pre-war style dreadnought with forward-shifted scalloped X bracing
- By using old-growth Brazilian rosewood and Adirondack spruce, SCGC gets you as close to the sound of an old guitar as a new guitar can be
- An aging toner on the top combined with herringbone purfling and ivoroid binding give this guitar the look of a beautifully aged vintage guitar
This product listing was written by Kim. If you’d like to talk to Kim about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Kim about this guitar
Santa Cruz Guitar Company
Founded by Richard Hoover in 1976, the Santa Cruz Guitar Company brought boutique guitar making to the forefront of the steel string guitar business.