Santa Cruz 1934 D, Mahogany & Old Growth German Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
"This isn’t ‘like the old stuff.’ It is the old stuff. These rarified materials give us the foundation for a true and genuine vintage sound." - Santa Cruz Guitar Company
Pre-war dreadnoughts are among the most sought after guitars around, and the competition to recreate the magic of those instruments is fierce. Santa Cruz has come as close as possible with their 1934 D model, which uses old-growth German spruce as well as mahogany cut in the 1930s, fitted together with time-tested hide glue construction. And because they're Santa Cruz, they've also used modern techniques and a refined system of voicing to further optimize the potential of this venerable design and these well-aged woods. Availability is limited on this model due to the rarity of the materials. If you're after that dry, rumbling, played-in D-18 sound, look no further.
- Model: 1934 Dreadnought
- Top: Old-growth German spruce
- Back and sides: Master-grade mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany with V profile
- Bracing: Scalloped advanced X with hot hide glue
- Scale length: 25-1/4"
- Nut width: 1-11/16"
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Finish: Vintage varnish tint, nitrocellulose lacquer
- Tuners: Waverly nickel w/ oval buttons
- Pickguard: Dalmatian
- Serial number: 7644
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Modern refinement meets time-test vintage quality on this replica of a pre-war mahogany dreadnought
- This guitar might not have been constructed before WWII, but old-growth German spruce and mahogany cut down back in the 1930s have been aging since then
- A Vintage Varnish Tint and a very thin nitrocellulose lacquer protect and enhance the sound, as well as recreate the desired look
This product listing was written by Jordan. If you’d like to talk to Jordan about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Jordan about this guitar
Santa Cruz Guitar Company
Founded by Richard Hoover in 1976, the Santa Cruz Guitar Company brought boutique guitar making to the forefront of the steel string guitar business. With the aim of developing a true custom shop, a small team in the hills of Santa Cruz, California, build around 400 ‘heirloom quality’ instruments every year.