Santa Cruz Custom 000, Figured Walnut & Sitka Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
We love a great 000-12 fret guitar, and this custom Santa Cruz is no exception. With a beautiful old growth bear-claw Sitka spruce top and figured walnut back and sides, this guitar pairs unique aesthetics with a classic pre-war design. It features Adirondack bracing with hot hide glue construction, making it deeply resonant.
When played fingerstyle, this guitar is sweet and responsive, with excellent balance across the strings, and great playability. The 12-fret body offers more volume and projection than its 14-fret counterparts, making it perfect for fingerpicked blues licks, as well as light to medium flatpicking. This is an excellent guitar that pairs what we love about 1930s small-body guitars with the refined craftsmanship of Santa Cruz Guitar Company.
- Top: Old-growth Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Figured walnut
- Neck: Mahogany V-profile
- Bracing: Scalloped Adirondack with hot hide glue
- Purfling: S29 style
- Rosette: Walnut
- Headstock overlay: Ebony
- Scale length: 25.375"
- Nut width: 1-3/4″
- Case: Non original hard case
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- This guitar pairs unique aesthetics with a classic pre-war design
- When played fingerstyle, this guitar is sweet and responsive, with excellent balance across the strings
- Beautiful old growth bear-claw Sitka spruce top and figured walnut back and sides
Santa Cruz Guitar Company
Founded by Richard Hoover in 1976, the Santa Cruz Guitar Company brought boutique guitar making to the forefront of the steel string guitar business. With the aim of developing a true custom shop, a small team in the hills of Santa Cruz, California, build around 400 ‘heirloom quality’ instruments every year.