This elegant Santa Cruz D Law Model in Mahogany and Italian Spruce is a powerful and assertive Dreadnought with all the versatility and playability you could ask for, and the exceptional workmanship one would expect from Richard Hoover and his team out in Santa Cruz, California.
With simple, iconic lines and a gorgeous sunburst finish, this guitar captures a very classic and traditional aesthetic, with the benefits of the unbelievable attention to detail and care that a dedicated high end workshop can invest.
The tone of the guitar is delightfully lively, rich and full of harmonic overtones while certainly not lacking in the low-end heft that makes Dreadnought style acoustics such workhorses for singer/songwriters and accompanying guitarists.
Made up out of Mahogany for the Back and Sides with an Italian Spruce top, this guitar is very light given the size, but projects a huge tone with plenty of shimmering treble supported by strong, present mids and a full, warm bottom end.
The Mahogany Neck topped with an Ebony Fretboard make for a familiar feel and playability with a great amount of clarity and comfort across the board. With beautiful D&S Long Pattern Inlays.
The guitar comes with a Santa Cruz fitted hardcase.
- Body Wood Type: Mahogany
- Back Stripe: Tortoise
- Body Binding: Backlit Tortoise
- Top Wood Type: Italian Spruce
- Rosette: Ivoroid
- Purfling: Violin Purfle
- Bracing/Voicing: Special Hybrid Bracing Pattern, Adriondack bracing with hot hide glue
- Soundhole: 4″
- Neck Peghead: Solid Square
- Peghead Binding: Backlit Tortoise
- Overlay Material: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: SCGC
- Scale Length: 25.25″
- Fingerboard Side Dots: White
- Inlay: D & S Long Pattern
- Width at Nut: 1-11/16″
- Width at 14th Fret: 2-3/16″
- Binding: Backlit Tortoise
- Finish Type: Clear
- Type-Top Vintage Tobacco Sunburst
- Pickguard: Tortoise D Shape
- Gears: Waverly 4060
- Bridge Spacing Through Saddle: 2-3/16″
- Pick-Up: None