Santa Cruz D/PW, Highly Figured Indian Rosewood & Old Growth Bearclaw Sitka Spruce - Pre-Owned
If your shipping address is located outside the seller’s border-based trade entity, you will be subject to import duties and taxes.
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
This 2018 Santa Cruz D/PW is a gorgeous addition to the Exchange. The D/PW is one of our favorite Santa Cruz models, and with appointments like this one has, it's not hard to see why.
Visually, this Santa Cruz Pre-War Dreadnought has it all; aesthetically stunning tonewoods and tasteful decorations. The old-growth bearclaw Sitka spruce top has a wonderful patina, while turning the guitar around reveals the most sensational set of highly figured Indian rosewood, the kind of which is very rare to find indeed, and a Scrimshaw heel cap design. The same stunning Indian rosewood is used for the headstock overlay, while the lack of fretboard inlays and tasteful S29 top boarder purfling means that visually your attention stays on the wood.
This guitar was a custom order for a client in 2018, and the guitar features Santa Cruz's custom low neck profile with a satin finish, making it incredibly comfortable to play.
The guitar is in mint condition and includes the original Santa Cruz hard shell case. It is being sold via our 'Sell From Home' service and is located with the seller in Switzerland.
- Model: Custom Shop Dreadnought Pre-War.
- Serial Number: 7451
- Top wood type: Old-growth Bear Claw Sitka Spruce.
- Back & Sides wood type: Highly Figured Indian Rosewood.
- Headplate overlay material: Matching figured IRW same as used for the back wood.
- Bracing: voicing: Adirondack with hot hide glue.
- Voicing: Scalloped/Advanced X.
- Width at Nut: 1 3/4“
- Bridge Spacing: 2- 3/16“
- Scale length: 25.375"
- Neck Shape: Custom Low Profile satin/matte finish.
- Top purfling: S29 top border
- Rosette: Ivoroid.
- Body binding: Ivoroid.
- Peghead: unbound.
- Fingerboard binding: black celluloid fingerboard binding.
- Headstock Inlay: Santa Cruz Ivoroid Script Logo.
- Fingerboard Inlay: Clean/no inlay
- Tuners: Waverly Nickel with Oval Buttons.
- Scrimshaw heel cap designed by local Santa Cruz Artist: “El Avila, Caracas”
- Strap Button: yes
- Setup: gauge strings .12s - .53s
- Case: Original hard shell case
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Santa Cruz Guitar Company
Founded by Richard Hoover in 1976, the Santa Cruz Guitar Company brought boutique guitar making to the forefront of the steel string guitar business.