Santa Cruz H13 "Buttered Toast", Adirondack Spruce & Mahogany
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Santa Cruz's H model is named for Paul Hostetter, described as "the guardian of the lore of all things vintage and stringed", who commissioned the very first Gibson-inspired H model prototype back in 1978. The thought behind the H13 design is fascinating, so we'll let Santa Cruz do the talking:
"SCGC’s concept for the H-13 is to achieve power beyond what would be expected in a small-bodied guitar. Two fundamental lutherie tricks make this possible: a longer string length (more downward pressure at the saddle) and more air space via a deeper body (increased volume and bass response). To place the bridge in the optimal position for power and maintain the longer string length, the neck needs to join the body at the 13th fret. Cool, huh? This is a gorgeous classic with power and presence expected from a much larger instrument. Perfect for aggressive fingerstyle blues and vocal accompaniment, the H-13 feels really sweet to hold."
The end result, especially when upgraded with an Adirondack spruce top, achieves those goals in spades. This is a very satisfying guitar to pick and sing with, and with that "Buttered Toast" sunburst and cowboy rope purfling and rosette, it's quite a looker, too.
- Body: H, 13-fret
- Top: Adirondack spruce
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany w/ V profile
- Bracing: Scalloped Adirondack with hot hide glue
- Scale length: 25.375"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- Headstock: Slotted
- Tuners: Waverly Nickel
- Rosette and purfling: Cowboy rope
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Finish: "Buttered toast" sunburst
- Serial number: 1760
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- The 13-fret design allows for optimal bridge placement plus a longer string length, for a powerful, dynamic small-bodied guitar
- Adirondack spruce and mahogany on this deep-bodied guitar are a powerful, focused combination, perfectly suited for vocal accompaniment
- Santa Cruz's "Buttered Toast" sunburst finish and cowboy rope purfling are a delightful finishing touch
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Lindsay about this guitar
Santa Cruz Guitar Company
Founded by Richard Hoover in 1976, the Santa Cruz Guitar Company brought boutique guitar making to the forefront of the steel string guitar business.