Santa Cruz H13 Ghost Model, Brazilian Rosewood & Ancient Sitka Spruce
Nicknamed the "Ghost" model, Santa Cruz's delightful yet powerful small-bodied H13 here sports a stunning set of tonewoods: ancient Sitka spruce and Brazilian rosewood. Though it may be ecologically friendly, as no living tree was cut down, head luthier Richard Hoover is quick to caution that ancient Sitka spruce is a limited resource. This is last one we'll be getting for the foreseeable future! While it's available, though, he's crafting guitars like this one that take advantage of its rare tonal characteristics. A perfect match for this aged (an understatement!) soundboard is, of course, Brazilian rosewood. When chosen and voiced by SCGC, you know it's going to have all the best characteristics the sought after tonewood is known for: complex character, depth, and that enviable sustain.
Befitting such a special guitar, the appointments are exquisite: snakewood binding, buttons, rosette, and fretboard inlays, with a light cowboy rope purfling.
- Soundboard: Ancient Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Brazilian rosewood
- Neck: Mahogany with V profile
- Fretboard: Ebony with snakewood century blocks
- Tuners: Gold Waverly with snakewood buttons
- Peghead veneer: Snakewood
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Rosette: Snakewood
- Purfling: Cowboy rope
- Back strip: Style 29
- Body binding: Snakewood
- Bridge: Snakewood
- Pins: Bone
- Nut, saddle and pins material: Bone
- Saddle type: Drop-in, compensated
- Brace pattern: H13 scalloped/tapered X, Adirondack spruce
- Scale length: 25.375"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-3/16"
- Lower bout width/depth: 14.625" / 5"
- Serial number: 1800
- Case: Ameritage
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- The H13 design maximizes the sonic potential of the small-bodied guitar by adding depth and retaining a full scale length
- Increasingly rare, 3000-year-old ancient Sitka spruce is matched with Brazilian rosewood—our last Ghost model on order!
- As an offset to the grey tones of the Sitka, SCGC have added contrasting snakewood for the bindings, overlay, buttons, fretboard markers, and more
This product listing was written by Kim. If you’d like to talk to Kim about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Kim about this guitar
Santa Cruz Guitar Company
Founded by Richard Hoover in 1976, the Santa Cruz Guitar Company brought boutique guitar making to the forefront of the steel string guitar business.