Santa Cruz H13, Ancient Kauri & Ancient Sitka Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Santa Cruz have taken their delightful to play and strikingly powerful small-bodied H13 model and cranked it up with a complete set of ancient tonewoods: 45,000-year-old Kauri and ancient Sitka spruce. The use of ancient woods is at once unusual and rare, yet sustainable—one of Richard Hoover's many goals in guitar building.
The rich color and figuring of the Kauri is contrasted boldly by the naturally grey coloring of the Sitka. The tone is something all its own. It is lush like a rosewood guitar, but much stronger in the midrange, with warmth for days. Befitting such a special guitar, the appointments are uncommon and exquisite: snakewood binding, buttons, rosette, and fretboard inlays, with a light cowboy rope purfling. Once again, we are blown away by SCGC's incredible Kauri guitars.
- Model: H/13
- Soundboard: Ancient Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Ancient Kauri
- Neck: Mahogany with V profile
- Fretboard: Ebony with snakewood block inlay
- Tuners: Gold Waverly 3 on a plate with snakewood buttons
- Peg head veneer: Snakewood
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Bridge: Snakewood, pyramid-style
- Binding, rosette, back strip: Snakewood
- Purfling: Cowboy rope
- Nut, saddle and pins material: Bone
- Saddle type: Drop in, compensated
- Bracing: Adirondack spruce
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-3/16"
- Scale length: 25.375"
- Case: Ameritage hardshell
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Santa Cruz Guitar Company
Founded by Richard Hoover in 1976, the Santa Cruz Guitar Company brought boutique guitar making to the forefront of the steel string guitar business.