Santa Cruz H13, Figured Mahogany & European Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Santa Cruz's H model is named for Paul Hostetter, described as "the guardian of the lore of all things vintage and stringed", who commissioned the very first Gibson-inspired H model prototype back in 1978. The thought behind the H13 design is fascinating, so we'll let Santa Cruz do the talking:
"SCGC’s concept for the H13 is to achieve power beyond what would be expected in a small-bodied guitar. Two fundamental lutherie tricks make this possible: a longer string length (more downward pressure at the saddle) and more air space via a deeper body (increased volume and bass response). To place the bridge in the optimal position for power and maintain the longer string length, the neck needs to join the body at the 13th fret. Cool, huh? This is a gorgeous classic with power and presence expected from a much larger instrument."
Underneath that killer sunburst is a soundboard of European spruce, providing excellent note definition and warmth, and bringing out the best characteristics of the figured mahogany back and sides. Whether flatpicked or fingerpicked, this is definitely a guitar that rewards a strong attack with a full-throated, snappy response.
- Model: H13
- Top: European spruce
- Back and sides: Figured mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany with V profile
- Fretboard: Ebony, no inlay
- Tuners: Waverly nickel with ivoroid buttons
- Nut material: Bone
- Peghead veneer: Ebony
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Rosette: Ivoroid
- Purfling and backstrip: Style 29
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge: Ebony, pyramid
- Saddle: Bone, drop in, compensated
- Brace pattern: H13 scalloped/tapered
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-3/16"
- Scale length: 25.375"
- Lower bout: 14.625"
- Depth: 5"
- Serial number: 1780
- Case: Ameritage
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- The H13 design maximizes the sonic potential of the small-bodied guitar by adding depth and retaining a full scale length
- European spruce and figured mahogany are warm, punchy and perfect for a decisive attack, whether flat or fingerpicked
- A perfect sunburst is complimented by the Style 29 purfling and backstrip and ivoroid binding
This product listing was written by Kim. If you’d like to talk to Kim about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Kim about this guitar
Santa Cruz Guitar Company
Founded by Richard Hoover in 1976, the Santa Cruz Guitar Company brought boutique guitar making to the forefront of the steel string guitar business.