Santa Cruz OM, Cocobolo & Moon Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
This OM from our friends at Santa Cruz is as gorgeous to look at as it is to play and hear. An exquisite top of moon spruce, with its Sitka-like holographic figuring, is matched with an unusual set of cocobolo that was initially described as "almost pixelated" when we had our first look. Tonally, it has all the balance and clarity we expect from a SCGC OM. Beyond that, though, it really has a voice all its own. The initial attack has a warm, midrange focus reminiscent of mahogany, but quickly that gives way to a clear sustain and moderate overtone bloom. The player gets the resonance and nuance we all love from cocobolo, without ever straying into muddy territory. And did we mention balance? No frequency range overtakes the other, meaning this OM has true genre-crossing versatility and utility for a wide range of playing styles and settings. Never ones to overdo the appointments when the woods are plenty capable of showing themselves off, SCGC have adorned this OM with a simple B/W purfling, ivoroid binding, and wood rosette.
- Model: OM
- Soundboard: Moon spruce
- Back and sides: Cocobolo
- Neck: Mahogany with V profile
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly
- Peghead veneer: Cocobolo
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Back strip: Zipper
- Body binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge and pins: Ebony
- Saddle type: Drop in, compensated bone
- Brace pattern: Scalloped X
- Scale length: 25.375"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-3/16"
- Lower bout: 15.25"
- Depth: 4"
- Year of build: 2021
- Serial number: 5902
- Case: Ameritage
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Classic mid-sized OM functionality, versatility, and utility, elevated by Santa Cruz's exceptional craftsmanship
- European moon spruce and dramatically figured cocobolo pair together for a balanced tone that possesses some mahogany-like midrange and warmth with rosewood sustain
- SCGC kept it simple with B/W purfling, ivoroid binding and a wood rosette, letting these tonewoods visually stand on their own
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Lindsay about this guitar
Santa Cruz Guitar Company
Founded by Richard Hoover in 1976, the Santa Cruz Guitar Company brought boutique guitar making to the forefront of the steel string guitar business.