Santa Cruz 1934 Style 1, Brazilian Rosewood & Old Growth Adirondack Spruce
"To properly introduce the Santa Cruz Style 1, it is necessary to echo the historic positioning of the SCGC PJ guitar. The parlor-style body was the pinnacle of the art of guitar making up until the late 19th century. This was the optimal size for tonal perfection. The reason guitars got bigger was to make them louder. With amplification and modern recording techniques, we can once again embrace sound quality over sound quantity."
Modeled after Martin's Size 1 guitar, and here outfitted in Santa Cruz's 1934 tonewoods - old-growth Adirondack spruce and Brazilian rosewood - this Style 1 may well be the ultimate 0 or parlor-size guitar. Its small-bodied sweet tone has notable focus, with a tight overtone bloom and sustain courtesy of the rosewood. It's no wonder they crafted this model with modern fingerstylists in mind. Finished with a toner to give it that aged look, delicate herringbone, and a Dalmatian pickguard, this is a 0-size guitar worthy of the vintage masterpieces that inspired it.
- Model/body: Style 1
- Top: Old-growth Adirondack spruce
- Back and sides: Brazilian rosewood
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Bridge and pins: Ebony, pyramid-style
- Saddle: Bone, drop in
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Purfling: BMB side purfles
- Headstock veneer: Brazilian
- Brace pattern: Scalloped X
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Nut width: 1-3/4″
- String spacing: 2 3/16"
- Serial number: 369
- Year of build: 2021
- Case: Standard Ameritage
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Inspired by Martin's Size 1 guitars of the late 19th/early 20th centuries, SCGC's Style 1 is a parlor-size guitar crafted for the modern played
- Specially chosen old-growth Adirondack spruce and Brazilian rosewood capture the tone of fabled older instruments
- With a slotted headstock, aging toner, herringbone purfling and Dalmatian pickguard, this Style 1 has vintage appeal in spades
This product listing was written by Kim. If you’d like to talk to Kim about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Kim about this guitar
Santa Cruz Guitar Company
Founded by Richard Hoover in 1976, the Santa Cruz Guitar Company brought boutique guitar making to the forefront of the steel string guitar business.