The Scott Walker Katana is an electric guitar with a very pure design of two pieces of wood - one for the body and one for the neck - connected by a locking system meaning that there is no glue involved in its making.
The Katana features a one-piece Figured Mahogany body, with a one-piece Cocobolo neck and fretboard. Continuing the simple theme, the Katana has a single Lollar Johnny Smith pickup in the neck position, feeding directly to the output jack without any volume or tone controls.
The main features of the Scott Walker Katana include:
- One-piece Figured Mahogany body
- One-piece Cocobolo neck and fretboard
- Locking neck join without using glue or bolts
- 21 frets
- 24.75" scale length
- 1 11/16" nut width
- Lollar Johnny Smith pickup
- No pickup controls
- Ebony floating bridge with Damascus tailpiece
- Damascus pickguard
- Damascus jack socket
- Calton case included