This astonishing acoustic guitar is the Studio model by Ervin Somogyi, handbuilt by Ervin himself in his Oakland, California workshop.
This is the first Somogyi guitar to grace the TNAG website pages, and it's an honour to have received this gorgeous Studio model, which is based on Ervin's Modified Dreadnought but 4% smaller.
The guitar features Ervin's favourite tonewood, Wengé, for the back and sides and a Sitka Spruce top with an X bracing. The Mahogany neck has a custom design inlay on the back while it is topped by an Ebony fingerboard boasting Abalone inlays.
The guitar's sunset mosaic rosette has been intricately designed using individual segments with incredible detail.
Picking up this guitar for the first time is a truly humbling and emotional experience, like nothing we've felt before, and we would urge anyone to try visit to try this quite remarkable instrument.
- Serial #410
- Model: Studio
- Wengé back and sides
- Sitka Spruce top
- Mahogany neck
- Ebony bridge
- Ebony fretboard
- 14 fret to body join
- Bone nut
- Bone saddle
- linear abalone inlay position markers
- Ebony binding on ebony fingerboard, with a thin maple veneer
- "Sunset" hand-made mosaic rosette with abalone shell border
- Somogyi peghead design
- Gold Schaller tuners with ebony buttons
- Ebony bridge pins with m.o.p. dots
- Properly intonation-compensated saddles
- Clear (transparent) pickguards
- French polish finish
- Hoffee Case
- 24.9" scale length
- 1 3/4" nut width
- 2 7/32" 12 fret spacing
- 2 1/4" bridge spacing
- 3 1/2" body depth at neck
- 4 7/16" body depth at tail
- 11 5/16" body width at upper bout
- 10 3/32" body width at waist
- 15 5/16" body width at lower bout
- 19 1/2" body length
- 4 1/16" soundhole diameter