The Spalt Gate Guitar Custom #31 is our latest arrival from Michael Spalt's Gate series, taking its Pine top from the gate of Michael Spalt's Vienna workshop.
When Michael and Tania Spalt moved into their workshop in Vienna, the gate to the workshop needed replacing. Michael noticed that it would make an excellent top wood, and so the Gate series was born!
This guitar is number 31 of 50 that will be built in the Gate series.
- Mahogany body
- Pine Top from the Gate
- Spalted flame Maple “pickguard” insert
- Bird's Eye Maple neck
- 2-way truss rod
- Madagascar Rosewood fingerboard
- 25 ½" scale, 22 Dunlop 6150 frets
- Gotho vintage style tuners
- Lollar Charlie Christian in the neck/Imperial HB in the bridge combination
- 3-way, vol, tone
- Hipshot fixed bridge
- Dunlop Straplocks
- 3.6 kg