Spohn 00-C 12-Fret, Figured Tasmanian Blackwood & Swiss Moon Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Our quick notes on this exquisitely beautiful little 12-fret Spohn 00 cutaway were: "Strikingly rich, with expansive, chiming mids that just envelope you without being muddy. Such an unusual overtone profile! Playability couldn't be better." We would attribute as much of that glowing praise to Max's excellent lutherie as we would to the tonewoods. Koa's Australian relative, Tasmanian blackwood has been described by luthiers (namely Taran's Rory Dowling, by way of Tom Sands) as the "royalty of the acacia family". Generally a bit denser than koa, it's very resonant, with a complex tap response. Max draws every bit of tonal potential out this uncommon wood, pairing it with his favored Swiss moon spruce for the soundboard. The result? Well, you'll just have to sit tight for the forthcoming demo, or come try it in person to appreciate its unique voice!
- Model: 00 12-fret cutaway
- Top: Swiss moon spruce
- Back and sides: Figured Tasmanian blackwood
- Neck: Mahogany with oval profile
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Bridge and pins: Ebony
- Peghead overlay: Spruce
- Scale length: 25"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-1/4"
- Lower bout: 14.48"
- Depth: 4.33"
- Serial number: 41
- Case: BAM hardshell
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Combining the 14-1/2" wide and 4.33" deep 00 dimensions with the 12-fret configuration results in a surprisingly commanding small-bodied guitar
- "The royalty of the acacia (koa) family", Tasmanian blackwood, meets the favorite soundboard of many luthiers, Swiss moon spruce
- Max's Bauhaus-inspired asymmetrical appointments hit new heights with marbled blue-hued inlay blocks adorning the soundhole and peghead
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours