Stephen Strahm 00, Beeswing Mahogany & German Spruce
This guitar is currently being built and is available for pre-order. Payment will be taken now and we will get in touch when the guitar is ready to be shipped.
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
We've got another build on the bench with lutherie sensation Stephen Strahm, and we cannot wait to get our hands on this one. This incoming model is a 00 featuring Honduran mahogany for the back & sides, paired with a German spruce top. The mahogany used for this instrument can also be referred to as 'beeswing mahogany' due to it's unique figure, if you look closely you can see the ribbon and flame in it - a stunning set of wood!
With Stephen's exceptional craftsmanship and soaring track record, we can expect a gorgeous 00, with a balanced piano-like tone, a wide and open voice and responsive attack.
Stephen Strahm is a true gem within the lutherie industry, with over a decade of experience and a track record of working with some of the world's best luthiers, such as Santa Cruz Guitar Company and Rick Turner Guitars - he truly is a master of his craft.This guitar is currently in build and is due to complete in late 2021. Follow the journey of this guitar's build on our blog here.
- Model - 00
- Top Wood – German Spruce
- Back & Sides – Figured “Beeswing” Honduran Mahogany
- Scale length – 24.875”
- Nut width - 1 ¾”
- Saddle string spacing - 2 ¼”
- Neck - One piece Honduran Mahogany w/2-way adjustable trussrod
- Fingerboard - West African Ebony
- Bridge - West African Ebony w/Ebony pins
- Binding – West African Ebony
- Side dots only - Gold MOP
- Nut – unbleached bone
- Saddle - 1/8” compensated unbleached bone
- Rosette – Granadillo single ring
- Headstock overlay – Granadillo
- Tuners - Gotoh 510 Cosmo
- Frets - Medium 18% Nickel-Silver
- Bracing - Adirondack Spruce
- Finish - Thin Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Case – Main Stage
- Strings - D’Addario EJ16 Light .012 - .053
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
As is often the way, Stephen’s lutherie journey began with a deep passion for music, since childhood. After developing a love for the guitar and dabbling within repairs and setups, Stephen progressed to lutherie training at the Roberto-Venn School of Luthiery in Phoenix Arizona.