We've got another build on the bench with Lutherie sensation Stephen Strahm and we cannot wait to get our hands on this one. This incoming model is a OO featuring Honduran Mahogany for the back & sides, paired with a German Spruce top. The Mahogany used for this instrument can also be referred to as 'Beeswing Mahogany' due to it's unique figure, if you look closely you can see the ribbon and flame in it- a stunning set of wood!
With Stephen's exceptional craftsmanship and soaring track record, we can expect a gorgeous OO, with a balanced piano like tone, a wide and open voice and responsive attack.
Stephen Strahm is a true Gem within the lutherie industry, with over a decade of experience and a track record of working with some of the world's best luthiers, such as Santa Cruz Guitar Company and Rick Turner Guitars- he truly is a master of his craft.
This guitar is currently in build and is due to complete in September 2020. Follow the journey of this guitar's build on our blog here.
- Model- OO
- Top Wood – German Spruce
- Back & Sides – Figured “Beeswing” Honduran Mahogany
- Scale length – 24.875”
- Nut width - 1 ¾”
- Saddle string spacing - 2 ¼”
- Neck - One piece Honduran Mahogany w/2-way adjustable trussrod
- Fingerboard - West African Ebony
- Bridge - West African Ebony w/Ebony pins
- Binding – West African Ebony
- Side dots only - Gold MOP
- Nut – unbleached bone
- Saddle - 1/8” compensated unbleached bone
- Rosette – Granadillo single ring
- Headstock overlay – Granadillo
- Tuners - Gotoh 510 Cosmo
- Frets - Medium 18% Nickel-Silver
- Bracing - Adirondack Spruce
- Finish - Thin Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Case – Main Stage
- Strings - D’Addario EJ16 Light .012 - .053