This is an incoming DS11 Taran Guitars Oreval Model, due to start build in October 2020 and complete in 2021.
This is the first Oreval model we have bought into TNAG, this is a larger instrument in the Taran range. This model will feature Claro Walnut for the back & Sides, Tunnel 14 Redwood for the top and a subtle fan fret.
The fan fret joined at the 12th fret has placed the bridge perfectly on the sweet spot, right in the middle of the sound board. Combined with the Wenge neck it will take it from a sweet, to a rich, powerful guitar with encompassing warmth.
The Oreval is based on the acclaimed Tirga Beag Mk II shape and has a classic Taran style. This model has it's own unique bracing pattern and a greater depth, creating a huge voice and powerful projection.
- Back & Sides: Mastergrade Claro Walnut
- Fully kerfed side construction in Western Red Cedar with Highly figured Walnut
- Verneer used in 1980’s Lotus sports cars.
- Taran Guitars compression back braceS
- Soundboard: Tunnel 13 Redwood
- Rosette: Hot Sand Fade Burr Elm with green and orange detailing
- Bindings: Ebano & White Purfling
- Front & back Purfling: African Blackwood with green & orange Veneers
- Front Linings: Honduras Rosewood
- Bevel: Hot sand faded Scottish Burr Elm
- Neck: Negative taper, slim C in Wenge
- 2 way-truss rod & carbon fibre reinforcements
- Headstock: Hot sand faded Scottish Burr Elm front & back
- Green 0.3mm veneers under sheaths
- t. inlayed in gold
- Fretboard: FSC African Blackwood
- Bound with Ebano & green veneer on fretboard edge
- Gold dots at the major frets up to the 17th fret
- Frets: 2 by 1 Evo gold wire with semi-hemispherical fret ends
- Gotoh 510s 21:1 in gold with black buttons
- Hand-carved in FSC African Blackwood
- Ebony bridge pins
- Nut and bridge piece in Bone intonated for standard
- Soundport: Bound
- Case: Calton Hard Case in orange and black
- Scale:660mm - 645mmFrets to body: 12
- Body Length: 495mm
- Max Body Width: 415mm
- Depth: 125mm
- Width at Nut: 45mm
- Spacing at Saddle: 59mm
- String Weight: 12-56