Taran Guitars The Taran Acoustic Guitar, Macassar Ebony & Swiss Moon Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Taran Guitars characteristically feature a cylindrical back profile, creating the feel of a smaller and very comfortable instrument, ensuring maximum playability for long periods of time. However, this maintains the power and sound of a larger-bodied instrument.
The bracing pattern is unlike any we have ever had in the TNAG showroom. Rory has developed a bracing structure called the 'compression brace'. As with any guitar, the back bracing is incredibly crucial for the structure and stability of the guitar, however due to the back of the guitar having a cylindrical profile, it is crucial that this is supported without adding material and weight to the instrument. Rory has therefore developed a hollow bracing structure which both bends to fit the shape of the guitar whilst securely supporting it through a compression force.
The attention to detail on this instrument is above and beyond, with hot sand faded Burr Elm used across the rosette, headstock, back of the neck and endgraft. Alongside this the guitar features semi-hemispherical fret ends, Gotoh 510 21:1 tuners and comes with a Calton hard case.
- Model - The Taran
- Back & Sides - Macassar Ebony or Pale Moon Ebony (Double Sides)
- Soundboard - Master Grade Swiss Moon Spruce
- Bracing- Taran Guitars Compression Braces on back
- Rosette - Asymmetric with Hot Sand fade Scottish Burl Elm with Scottish Sycamore, Macassar Ebony and .2 black and red veneer lines
- Bindings - Ebano & Double Scottish Sycamore purfling
- Front Purfling - Rippled Scottish Sycamore purfling around the soundboard stopping at the Micro bevel.
- Linings - Laminated Scottish Spalted Beech with black centre seem
- Bevel - Taran Micro Bevel in Ebano and red
- Neck - Negative taper Reclaimed light weight Mahogany with 2 way truss rod and carbon fibre reinforcements
- Fret Board - Ebano bound with Ebano with 0.3mm Scottish Sycamore pin line
- Fret Markers - 9Ct Gold Circles with Dyed Scottish Heather in Red and Gold Circles at 12th fret
- Frets - Evo Gold wire with Semi-hemispherical fret ends
- Headstock - Hot Sand fade Scottish Walnut front and back with Scottish Sycamore grafts with black
- 0.3mm veneers under sheaths
- Tuners- Gold with black button Gotoh 510 21:1 .
- Bridge and Pins- Hand Carved Solid Ebony
- t. Hand cut from solid 9 Ct Gold sheet
- Scale Length- 645mm
- Frets to body- 14
- Body Length - 480mm
- Max Body Width- 382mm
- Max Body Depth- 106mm
- Width at nut- 45mm
- Spacing at saddle- 59mm
- String weight- 12-53
- Case - Calton Hard case in Teal and Black
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Set up by Rory Dowling in 2007, Taran Guitars quickly became synonymous with high-quality instruments played by amazing musicians, such as Martin Simpson, and guitar players throughout Britain and beyond.