Taran Guitars Tirga Mhor Fan Fret Acoustic Guitar, Malaysian Blackwood & Swiss Moon Spruce - Pre-Owned
This stunning Taran Tirga Mhor was one of the first two guitars we received from Scottish luthier Rory Dowling aka Taran Guitars in 2019. This guitar features a gorgeous set of Malaysian Blackwood for the back & sides and a Swiss Moon Spruce top. This guitar features a multi-scale neck, and is a stunningly bright, punchy and resonant instrument, very well balanced with a booming bass, sparkling trebles and yet incredibly powerful attack.
Taran Guitars characteristically feature a cylindrical back profile, creating the feel of a smaller and very comfortable instrument, ensuring maximum playability for long periods of time. However, this maintains the power and sound of a larger bodied instrument.
The bracing pattern is unlike any we have ever had in the TNAG showroom. Rory has developed a bracing structure called the 'compression brace'. As with any guitar, the back bracing is incredibly crucial for the structure and stability of the guitar, however due to the back of the guitar having a cylindrical profile, it is vital that this is supported without adding material and weight to the instrument. Rory has therefore developed a hollow bracing structure which both bends to fit the shape of the guitar whilst securely supporting it through a compression force.
This guitar features jaw dropping hot sand faded Scottish Burr Elm and Scottish Sycamore for the rosette, headstock, end graft and bevel, and it really has blown us away!
This guitar arrives into The Exchange in near mint condition.
- Model - Tirga Mhor
- Back & Sides - Master Grade Malaysian Blackwood
- Double Side with Sundrai
- Taran Guitars Compression Braces on back
- Soundboard - Master Grade Swiss Moon Spruce.
- Rosette - Hot Sand fade Scottish Burl Elm with Scottish Sycamore.
- Bindings - Ebano & Double Scottish Sycamore purfling.
- Front Purfling - African Blackwood & Scottish Sycamore.
- Linings - Laminated lime with black centre seem.
- Bevel - Hot Sand fade Scottish Burl Elm.
- Neck - Negative taper Wenge with 2 way truss rod and carbon fibre reinforcements.
- Fret Board - Fan Fret Ebano bound with Ebano with 0.3mm Scottish Sycamore pin line.
- Fret Markers - 9Ct Gold Circles with Dyed Scottish Heather in Pink and Gold Circles at 12th fret.
- Frets - Evo Gold wire with Semi-hemispherical fret ends.
- Headstock - Hot Sand fade Scottish Burl Elm front and back with Scottish Sycamore grafts with black 0.3mm veneers under sheaths.
- Tuners in Gold with black button Gotoh 510 21:1 .
- Hand Carved Solid Ebony Bridge with Ebony Pins.
- t. Hand cut from solid 9 Ct Gold sheet.
- Case - Calton Hard case in Orange and Black
- Scales - 645mm to 660mm• Frets to body - 12
- Body Length - 510mm
- Max Body Width - 402mm
- Depth - 124mm
- Width at nut - 45mm
- Spacing at saddle - 59mm
- String Weight - 12-56
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Set up by Rory Dowling in 2007, Taran Guitars quickly became synonymous with high-quality instruments played by amazing musicians, such as Martin Simpson, and guitar players throughout Britain and beyond.