Bill Tippin, of Marblehead, Massachusetts is known for his elegant, refined, and powerful sounding guitars. This 2019 Forte Custom is no exception to that rule, and it is a beautiful example of Bill's craftsmanship. This instrument is focussed, powerful, and amazingly loud. Bill considers Amazon Rosewood to extremely close sonically to Brazilian, and he feels the Suisse Moonspruce top makes the perfect complement to the Amazon Rosewood.
The Forte model is essentially an extension of Bill's flagship model, the Crescendo, with the Forte offering a wider lower bout that's 3/16" wider. You wouldn't think 3/16" of an inch would make that much difference, but it does. The Forte retains the balanced tone of the Crescendo, yet with more volume and power. This particular custom Forte Cutaway took two years for delivery (current wait times are at least two years), and it features multiple design touches we love: the hand-carved heel, the hand-carved bridge; the unique deco Tippin "T" inlay at the 12th fret, and also the inlay at the first fret that references the inlay at the 12th fret. This custom Forte also features a gorgeous cutaway for ease of playing access up the neck. Included with the Forte Cutaway is a Main Stage case in a soft green color.
- Back & Sides: Amazon Rosewood
- Top: Master Swiss Moon Spruce
- Year of Build: 2019
- Rosette: Koa Center with (2) Borders of Blue Paua Abalone
- Body Binding: Koa top binding with Blue Paua top purfling; Koa back binding with no back purfling
- Neckk: Mahogany with "low standard" profile carve
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony with 3/16" MOP dots and a Deco "T" logo at the 12th fret
- Head Veneer: Amazon Rosewood front and back overlays
- Fretboard Binding: Koa binding
- Tuners: Waverly gold-plated with Tortoise color buttons
- Bridge: Ebony, hand carved, with 2-1/4" spacing
- Pins: Fossilized Bone with blue dots
- Saddle: Fossilized Bone, compensated
- Nut: Fossilized Bone
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Pre-Owned Condition: Mint/As New