TreeHouse Guitars, 0000 "The Ebony Moon" Ebony & Swiss Moon Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
When a guitar has a name like "The Ebony Moon", you know you're in for something special. Fresh in from Canadian luthier Zach Lefebvre of TreeHouse Guitars, this gorgeous guitar is packed with delightful features and appointments. The eye-catching grain of the FSC-approved ebony back and sides (a nod to Zach's commitment to sustainability in his builds) is offset by stark Swiss moon spruce. The blooming bass notes are balanced by a strong midrange and sweet high end, and lush chords sustain beautifully.
Clocking in at just over 16" wide in the lower bout and 4-1/2" deep, the 0000 size Ebony Moon provides players used to OM-sized guitars some added power and projection. To further that, Zach built this guitar with a tornavoz - something typically seen on classical nylon string guitars. He has this to say about this unusual feature:
"The idea is to lower the resonant frequency of the air cavity, which worked well with the added fret (The Ebony Moon guitar has 21 frets) and lowering of the soundhole placement. I found it really throws the sound further - projection at a distance is nuts with that guitar!"
Finishing touches include the player-friendly soundport, plus Zach's hand-patinated copper inlays on the rosette, headstock and backstrip. To hear more of this guitar, be sure to check out the luthier himself playing it on his Instagram page!
- Model: 0000 (14-fret)
- Top: Swiss moon spruce
- Back and sides: FSC-approved ebony
- Neck: Khaya mahogany with C profile
- Fingerboard and bridge: Ebony
- Saddle: Bone, compensated
- Binding: Ebony
- Rosette: Ebony and hand-patinated copper
- Inlays: Black fiber and hand-patinated copper on headstock, back, and base
- Tuners: Gotoh510 (black chrome)
- Pickguard: Clear mylar
- Brace pattern: Modified X
- Finish: UV-cured polyester (body), osmo oiled neck
- Special features: Soundport, tornavoz
- Scale length: 25-3/8" (64.5cm)
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5mm)
- String spacing at the bridge: 2-1/4"
- Lower bout: 16-1/8"
- Depth: 4-1/2"
- Serial number: G-0038
- Case: Custom Mainstage flight case
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- The Ebony Moon is a 0000-size guitar, perfect for OM players looking for a guitar with a little more power and projection in a familiar shape
- FSC-approved ebony is paired with Swiss moon spruce, for a tone that has a rich blooming bass, sweet high end, and ringing sustain
- Special features
- In addition to the soundport, Zach experimented with a tornavoz on this model - something more often seen on classical guitars - for a boost of projection
This product listing was written by Jordan. If you’d like to talk to Jordan about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours