The Raya 6 Custom is Finnish luthier Kari Nieminen's most iconic silhouette under the Versoul name, and has been seen in the hands of The Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood and legendary ZZ Top frontman Billy F. Gibbons.
Composed of Finnish Alder for the body paired with an extraordinarily beautiful one-piece European Curly Maple neck, in turn topped with an East Indian Rosewood Fretboard, the Raya 6 Custom combines an inherently vintage feel and subtext with space-age and frankly drop-dead gorgeous aesthetics.
The three hand-wound humbucking pickups in this instrument are a combination of Alnico 2 magnets for the Middle and Neck pickups and Alnico 5 for the bridge. Between the three of these you have a wealth of powerful yet dynamic tones available from neo-soul and jazz cleans through to gained up rock tones, all of which are delivered with zeal and inspiring individuality.
- Custom apointments: White mother of pearl strip inlays on fingerboard, gold plated hardware, third pick up. No pick guard; pu's mounted direct to body.
- Body: two piece Finnish alder, offset shape, a bit thinner than normal Raya model, terracotta finish, nitrocellulose paint and lacquer
- Neck: bolted on one piece European curly maple, in transparent dark brown/black finish, terracotta finish, nitrocellulose paint and lacquer
- Fingerboard: East Indian rosewood
- Scale: 25,4"
- radius 12"
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Nut: Finnish wild moose shin bone
- Truss rod: two way adjustable, 4 mm hex key
- Frets. Stainless steel, mini jumbo
- Position marks on the side of the neck; Gold leaf
- Hardware: chrome plated
- Bridge: Gotoh tuneomatic, strings through body construction
- Controls: Master volume and master tone, CTS pots
- Switch: CRL 5 way switch with Custom Versoul East Indian rosewood knob & Green abalone shell dot.
- Jack: Switchcraft with cat eye plate
- Pickups: Three Versoul humbuckers, bridge AlNiCo 5, middle and neck AlNICo 2 magnets. All hand built & wound by Kari Nieminen.
- Pot cavity plate: East Indian rosewood