Paying homage to the 'Oriole' guitars produced by Kalamazoo is 1940-42, the Waterloo WL-14 Scissortail is an inspiring and thoroughly vintage sounding iteration of the iconic parlour style acoustic guitar.
Made up out of Maple for the back and sides and Spruce for the top with vintage style X-bracing, the guitar has a gorgeous crispness and clarity to its tone, with plenty of volume and projection to get that character across.
The neck has a vintage 'V' carve to it that nails the authentic feel of the guitars ancestor, which is very comfortable across the board and gives you a tremendous amount of sustain for such a small bodied instrument.
The guitar comes with a fitted hardshell case.
- 14-frets to the body
- Natural finish
- Maple back and sides
- Spruce top with X-bracing
- 1-3/4" nut width
- V-carved Mahogany neck with adjustable truss rod
- Tortoise-color bound body
- Tiger stripe pickguard
- Ebony straight bridge with drop-in bone saddle
- Ebony peghead overlay with Waterloo logo and Scissortail artwork
- 3-on-a-side tuning machines with black buttons.